1. How many conference rooms
do you have?
There are five spaces of various shapes and sizes that can be used for meetings: Victoria Room, Great Hall, Old Dining Room, State Drawing Room, and Chapel.
2. What style of conferences can you accommodate?
We can organise the layout of the room around your requirements. Popular arrangements are theatre, boardroom, u-shape and classroom, with projection and speaking space taken into
3. How many delegates can you seat theatre style?
We can accommodate one hundred and fifty bums on seats. A full list of capacities can be found within our conference pack.
4. How many bedrooms do you have?
We have thirty five individually decorated rooms, in a mixture of doubles, suites and four posters.
5. Do you have your own equipment for meetings?
We will hire in any equipment required from our audio-visual supplier, Alphasound.
6. Do you offer outdoor activities?
Yes, a company called Corporative are experts in setting up tailor-made activities at the castle, to suit your team building needs.
7. Do you offer clay pigeon shooting?
We will gladly run a clay pigeon shooting session in our grounds.
8. What is your Day Delegate rate?
From £45.00 you can have the room, flipchart and stationery, superb lunch, refreshments,
sweeties and all the trimmings.
9. What is the 24hr rate?
From £165.00 you can have your delegates can have all the above, plus a posh dinner and luxury overnight
accommodation with full breakfast and newspaper. Not to be sniffed at.
10. Do you offer reduced rates for residential packages?
From time to time we run a reduced delegate rate, so please ask when booking.
11. Do you have room hire rates?
Yes, in our conference pack you will find rates listed.
12. Does the rate include VAT?
Indeed, all rates include VAT.
13. Could you offer a breakfast meeting?
Yes, we can offer a function room with delicious breakfast buffet and plenty of coffee for waking up.
14. Can you cater for special dietary requirements?
Certainly, our chef can design an alternative based on any diet.
15. Can you offer private cookery courses for corporate events?
Yes, we can offer a private cookery demonstration, simply call for details.
16. How many people can attend?
We can take 8 people for a hands-on class.
17. How much are the classes?
For a glass of champagne on arrival, a 2 course luncheon, hands on tutorial in the castle kitchens and afternoon tea in Restaurant Anise £65.00 per person
18. Do you offer private dining?
We are delighted to serve dinner in a private function room for up to one hundred and twenty people.
19. What about place cards?
We can supply table plan, place cards and menu cards for your dinner if required, at no extra cost.
20. Would there be a room hire charge?
For parties of sixteen or more, there would be no room hire charge.
21. How much is the room hire?
From £200, a function room can be yours for the evening.
22. Could we have a choice menu?
We ask you to decide a set menu for the night, from our very large selection of dishes in the Private Dinning brochure.
23. Is there a private bar in the castle?
We have a function bar adjoining our Old Dining Room, which can be fully staffed to suit any function.
24. Can you host murder mystery evenings at the castle?
Indeed, we can arrange a thrilling night for those who like dinner with a twist.
25. How about other entertainment?
We are pleased to accommodate any live musicians and dinner entertainment, offering contacts if required.
26. Can you cater for disabled guests?
We have one lift, by St.Leonards Rooms, which can transport disabled people into the castle. There are also ground floor bedrooms. Simply advise us in good time if you require someone to assist you.
27. How many cars can be parked at the castle?
We can hold one hundred and twenty cars in our Walled Garden car park.
28. Do you provide transport to and from the castle?
Though we do not have transport on site, we can help you organise logistics using a reliable taxi company.
29. How far are you from Leeds and York?
We are twelve miles from York and fifteen miles from Leeds.
30. How about a local airport?
For overseas delegates, we are 19 miles from Leeds Bradford airport.
31. Do you have a helipad?
We do have land with air clearance for arrivals and departure by helicopter, with co-ordinates supplied on request.
32. Can I contact you by email?
Yes, we can be reached at email@example.com
33. How do I make a booking?
Either call, write, fax or email us with details of your requirements and a preferred date, then we will look at availability and costs for you. If you would like to book, advise us in writing and we will reserve the facilities.
34. Can I provisionally reserve a date if I am unsure?
We can hold a date for two weeks with no obligation.
35. How do I confirm my booking?
We will need a signed copy of our Terms & Conditions, which also details the required deposit.