Welcome to Hazlewood Castle
A privately owned luxury Castle hotel and popular Yorkshire wedding venue, Hazlewood Castle has 32 bedrooms and suites, day spa, kitchen garden, outdoor adventure activities, meeting, conference and event space, Woodland event space with cabins, waterfall, tree bar and dancefloor, St. Leonard's Chapel and the Vavasour Restaurant.
Set in 77 acres of woodland and landscaped gardens, Hazlewood Castle Hotel is ideally nestled between Leeds & York just off the A64 so getting here couldn't be easier!
Sign Up Now for Exclusive Special Offers
Something for everyone
- For the adventurous- axe throwing, paintballing, archery and more
- For the loungers - a spa to relax and chill in
- For the foodies - fine cuisine prepared by talented hands
- For the wine connoisseur- our very own families wine
- For the history buff - tours of the Castle rich past
- For our babies - a royal welcome every time and special privileges
- For dog lovers - 77 acres of woodland for your best friend to romp in
- For the little ones- nature to explore and fairies to make friends with
- For the competitive- a bike time trial to compete in
- For the God fearing - Services in our very own St. Leonards Chapel
- For Arty folk - Paintings to admire by resident artist Anita Bowerman
- For budding chefs - A masterclass to hone your skills.
What previous guests thought of us
A Visit to Remember
Stayed at Hazlewood Castle 4th/5th November to attend a wedding. From arrival to departure the staff in all departments were superb - they really made you feel welcome as a friend. A big thank you - and the wedding - absolutely brilliant from start to finish. The Chapel amazing - the Vicar definitely one in a million - best ceremony we have ever attended. Sunday morning breakfast - 5 star service. Hope to return sometime in the future
Best Day of my life!
Hazlewood castle has some of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. They are spotless and full of character. If you're after the Wow facter then this is the place to stay.
I had my wedding there on the 20th Dec and from start to finish the staff made it perfect. Nothing was too much and the venue was beautiful.
Also the food was out of this world!! We had lamb shank, it fell off the bone. Gorgeous. So get yourself to the Vavasour restaurant!
Me and my family and friends are still talking about how outstanding everything was.
Trip advisor - verified review
In August we had our wedding at Hazlewood Castle and from the booking of this, nine months prior to the end of all the celebrations, we had the most amazing wedding experience. Kelly made our planning so organised and always made us feel that nothing was too much trouble. The day was made absolutely perfect by all staff involved - and as the bride many thanks to the coordinator and master of ceremonies on the day (sorry forgot your name) but you calmed me, organised every guest throughout the whole day - you were amazing!!! ALL our guests have said what an amazing venue and wedding day and night that Hazlewood provided. Thank you for the perfect day