Covid-19 ❗UPDATE❗ Further to the PM’s announcement, we are delighted that Hazlewood Castle will be open on selected weekends for Outdoor Hospitality from Saturday 17th April. Food and Drink Spa Treatments Outdoor Activities Pre-bookings are required Please keep an eye out for our new outdoor offers to include BBQ, Afternoon Tea, Spa Treatments and Outdoor Activities! All remaining services including overnight accommodation will re-open on Monday 17th May. For those of you with reservations prior to this date, we will be contacting you in the next few days. We are however still open for accommodation for essential business travellers. Thank you for your patience and we really look forward to welcoming you back to Hazlewood Castle for a wonderful spring and summer.
Yorkshire's best kept secret
Welcome to Hazlewood Castle, a four star luxury hotel set in the stunning Yorkshire countryside,
offering an enchanting atmosphere, no matter what your reason to visit us.
Set in 77 acres of beautiful woodland and landscaped gardens, Hazlewood Castle Hotel is ideally nestled between Leeds & York
it's a quiet haven for couples, families and friends.
Our bedrooms and suites offer lovely views over the grounds and pretty courtyard.
Enjoy relaxed dining in our Vavasour restaurant, perhaps with a glass of our families fine wines.
In our grounds you can embrace your adventurous side with the Live for Today team, try your hand at axe throwing, quad biking, archery
and more click here for more details
Looking to wind down? A visit to Imagine Spa is just the ticket, revive your skin with in our mud serail
or choose from a range of body and face treatments to refine and polish
We have 7 functions suites for meeting, networking, training and presentations,
all offer good natural daylight and overlook the Castle grounds.
Our latest offers
New Staycation and Escape breaks now available to book with stay dates from Saturday March 5th
Sign Up Now for Exclusive Special Offers
- Yorkshire breakfast
- 2 course dinner, each evening
- Afternoon Tea on one day
- free use of trail bikes
- wellies to wear for exploring the woods
- outdoors activity for 30 minutes - (archery, air rifles or axe throwing)
- History tour with our own historian
From £95 per person, per night*
Valid march, april & may - subject to availability
*Single & upgrade supplements apply
Something for everyone
- For the adventurous- axe throwing, paintballing, archery and more
- For the loungers - a spa to relax and chill in
- For the foodies - fine cuisine prepared by talented hands
- For the wine connoisseur- our very own families wine
- For the history buff - tours of the Castle's rich past
- For our babies - a royal welcome every time and special privileges
- For dog lovers - 77 acres of woodland for your best friend to romp in
- For the little ones- nature to explore and fairies to make friends with
- For the competitive- a bike time trial to compete in
- For the God fearing - services in our very own St. Leonards Chapel
- For Arty folk - paintings to admire by resident artist Anita Bowerman
- For budding chefs - a masterclass to hone your skills.
What previous guests thought of us
Fantastic magical place
I stayed at Hazlewood Castle recently during my business trip and was amazed by the hotel and its character, It is very conveniently located close to both Leeds and York. Property is stunning with lots of historic features and with lots of character. Really magical place! Food and staff is excellent too. Also worth mentioning that I left behind my bracelet in my room but it was posted to me. Will definitely come back when in the area again.
Trip advisor - verified review
A lovely afternoon tea for a friends birthday. Super service very welcoming and friendly. The hotel has a great setting and would love to try it for lunch in the restaurant.
Plentiful parking and nice grounds.
Trip advisor - verified review
We chose Hazelwood Castle for our wedding venue and we had the most amazingly perfect day. Everyone involved with organising the day and ensuring it ran smoothly were fantastic and ensured that our vision became reality. The day ran seamlessly we couldn’t have wished for any better. Would highly recommend as a wedding venue.
Trip advisor - verified reviews