Individually styled rooms and suites
Each room is equipped with all the home comforts to make your stay with us the perfect relaxing experience, relax with a cuppa in your very own sanctuary and enjoy the artworks of resident artist Anita Bowerman.
All bedrooms are beautifully decorated to the highest standards, with great care taken to enhance their historic natural beauty, complimentary toiletries, co-ordinated cushions and furnishing, plus luxury duvets are in all rooms as standard. All bedrooms are individual and vary in shapes and sizes, designed to provide a relaxing haven.
You can check in from 3pm and check out is 11am
Yes in our resident’s car park, we also have a non-residents car park a short walk from the castle if the resident’s car park is full.
Yes we have complimentary wifi in the bedrooms and public areas.
Yes all our rooms have their own en suite, most have a shower over bath, however we do have a few with walk in showers.
Yes, we do have a few pet-friendly rooms located in our courtyard St Margarets area. Pets are charged at £15 per pet per night.
We love dogs so responsible pet owners are welcome to bring dogs to Hazlewood Castle. When booking it is essential that you confirm the number of dogs that will be with your group.
• Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in the property
• Dogs must be well-behaved and house-trained and the dogs are not allowed on the soft furnishings and beds
• Any fouling on lawns or gardens must be cleared up without delay
• The dog owner must bring the dog's bed or basket for sleeping in
• Dogs must not be left alone in the rooms or elsewhere at any time.
• Dogs must not lie on beds and hair must be well cleared up before departing
• For your dog’s safety, we advise they must not be left unattended in the external areas as the property boundaries may not be totally secure
• Dogs will not be permitted in the restaurant or public rooms other than the Flemish Hall and Library
We do have larger rooms which can accommodate families, such as suite and master suites. They have sofa beds which can sleep 1 or 2 children depending on their age.
Being an 11th Century castle the hotel does face some challenges with accessibility. There are steps into the hotel, however we do have an outdoor platform lift which we can assist with to bring guests into the hotel.
The hotel is located just off the A64 which is a dual carriageway with a bus stop, you would then walk down our drive to the hotel (just over a mile).
Yes – Calcaria (Tadcaster) 01937 835205 / Dougies (Tadcaster) 07795 086754 / Bridge Private Hire (Tadcaster) 01937 834126 / AB Cars Garforth 0113 2872222
Subject to availability – early check-in is from £30, earliest is 12 pm, late check out is £10 per hour, with the latest at 2 pm.
Standard double room (double bed)
Superior double/twin room (king bed)
Suite (larger room with super king bed, and separate living area with sofa)
Master Suite (very spacious room with super king bed and separate living area with sofa)
4 Poster room (very large grand rooms with a 4 poster feature bed, 2 of these rooms have a sitting room, the other 2 are one very large room)